Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My brother asked how I was doing after all's my response

I feel exceptionally good. :) 4 hours of labor was efficient and natural and I came through it with flying colors. No stitches required. Natural high. Rae gave me a foot massage and a back massage after so other than the fact that I've been hanging out in this hospital bed for the last 36 hours and starting to get a bit sore from that, I'm feeling good.

It's still pretty amazing to have this little guy here. He's such a calm little boy and has taken well to nursing (better than I have...still working on technique to reduce the soreness). When he's awake he's quiet and reposed, just taking everything in with his dark little eyes and he's already exercising all sorts of facial muscles in some of the cutest expressions. :)

I'm a little nervous, but anxious to be home. I know it's going to be an adjustment and I'm going to do what I always do and just roll with it and see where it takes me. Not really sure what to expect....we're in a different place than we were 3 1/2 years ago when Teagan came home and it seems so far away in time anyway to recall.

Teagan, btw, is doing phenomenally with Baby Cael. She's excited to see him, stops over to check him and comment "He's so cute" and has asked to hold him a couple of times, but does not like it when he starts to fuss. She says "You take him now. Until he feels better" She wants to know what he is saying with every little coo or baby noise or facial expression. She got a little doggie that makes sounds for feeding and drinking from a bottle and when you press it's paw or rub it's belly from Cael as a Big Sister gift. She loves it! (I've been holding onto it for months now in the trunk of my car after she picked it out when she thought it might be just what she needed to sleep in her room....and then changed her mind). She went to the gift store with Grammy and got Cael a little stuffed giraffe that's almost as long as him. And yes I said a little stuffed giraffe. :) So very sweet.

Mom and Dad were here from just after his birth until 3:30am Monday, came back Tuesday 10am-8pm and took Teagan home with them for the night. I suspect at least Teagan and Mom will be back today. Keith and Liz came up just after the birth, stayed til 3:30 and were here for several hours yesterday as well, so it's been nice to be surrounded by the family. Some of our friends are coming up from Columbus this weekend to help clean the house and make us food. :)

So, yes, all is well. I think I'm going to repost this response in my blog for ease of sharing the info. :) And I suppose I'm due to write the birth story as well. :)

No comments: