Monday, October 1, 2007

Orchard

Matt and I met in the fall. We both love autumn and it's many offerings: crisp air, sweet apples, the changing of color....
For 10 years now, Matt and I have made almost annual trips to an orchard. For many years we went up to Erie, MI (which wasn't too far from Toledo) to a little family-owned orchard (Erie Orchard, as it happens) to walk through the orchard, pick apples, spend time together and enjoy an apple fritter and fresh apple cider on the way home. We took Sephi there when she was just a pup, even after moving to Cleveland. Things change and it's a bit far so we found Mapleside in Brunswick. Rumor has it, it'll be closing in the near future as it is allegedly sold and will be replaced with a housing development. This is tragic in my mind. I hope they are able to keep some of this great family place.

Well, last weekend we had brunch with Matt's parents at the Mapleside restaurant and then took Teagan to the play area and down to the orchard. Here are a few pics from that trip.

























Ok, so clearly Heather had the camera this day! :) What can I say? I love to take pictures of Teagan and her Daddy. :)

No comments: